Sunday 2 June 2013

Beauty favourites: May edition

I cannot believe that June is here already! This year is going so quickly, I've nearly finished my second year of university, so scary. Anyway here are a few product reviews of items that I've been using during May. I'll try to do one of these each month :)



Soap and Glory: The righteous butter


I am a huge Soap and Glory fan and I think all of their products are pretty reasonably priced as you get such big tubs and bottles! This was in a set that I got for christmas and I have only just got around to trying it out this month. This moisturiser smells amazing and it is gentle enough to use on my face as well as my body. It contains shea butter and aloe vera and leaves my skin feeling super soft. I have quite dry skin on my face so I always moisturise before putting on my makeup and this little tub is great for putting in my make up bag too!

St. Topez: Gradual tan, everyday body moisturiser



I took this on holiday with me this year and was expecting really good results. However this moisturiser just ended up leaving streaky orange lines on my legs and leaving the rest of me still pale. I wouldn't recommend this product and I definetley won't be buying it again. Going to purchase some Johnsons gradual tan moisturiser as I used it last year and it worked really well for me. Has anybody had a good experience with this product?

Collection 2000: liquid eyeliner



If there was one product I could not live without it would be this. I rate this eyeliner so much! I wear eyeliner pretty much everyday and often get asked how I apply it so well (big head), and my answer is always just practice but I think this product really helps. The shape of the brush is really good for creating flicks and as long as you don't apply to much product to the brush you will get nice even strokes. It costs £2.99 at Superdrug so at that price is an absolute bargain. This is one product I doubt I will ever change and for anybody who has trouble applying eyeliner I recommend you buy this!

Body shop: White musk libertine solid perfume



I got this for free when I signed up for a bodyshop loyalty card. It is really handy to have in your makeup bag if you have forgotten to put on perfume as you just rub a little on your wrists and it lasts for most of the day. The smell isn't my favourite but I love the little tin that it comes in. Also some people are allergic to the alcohol that is in spray perfumes so this would be perfect as a gift for a friend with sensitive skin :)

Rimmel: Kate Moss: Matte lipstick



I love Kate Moss, I mentioned her in my 50 things about me post. I have wanted to try Matte lipstick for a while so when Rimmel brought out a Kate Moss one, I knew I had to have it. My friend gave me this one, it is number 107 and is a really rich colour. It is amazing to dress up a dark outfit and goes really well with smokey eyes. I wouldn't use it during the day but I am going to purchase a less bold colour as I love the Matte effect.

Tresemme: Salon finish extra hold hairspray


My hair is crazy and 99% of the time has a mind of it's own so when I find a product that can tame my hair I am amazed. This hairspray works really well for me and is very long lasting. I really like the smell of it, although a few of my friends say that the smell of it is too strong.. oops! I like that it doesn't make my hair feel crunchy but still holds the style. This hairspray is definetley worth the price if you have crazy uncontrollable hair like mine!

Garnier: Mineral invisicalm anti-perspirant deodorant


I change my deodrant all the time, simply because there is always a different one on offer and they all do the same job. However I have bought this one now a few times. It works really well and doesn't leave any white marks which is always annoying when you're not concentrating and sleepy. It has a really fresh and floral smell and is sensitive to skin as it doesn't contain any alcohol. I would definetley recommend this product.

I hope you liked my beauty favourites post, sorry for the low quality photos, my phone camera only works well in bright sunshine!

 Have a lovely day :) Toni x


1 comment:

  1. I use this Collection 2000 eyeliner too, it's brilliant! I really love how the applicator enables you to hold it close to the brush for close control :)
    Thanks for your comments on my blog!

    Emily x
    http://embirds.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete